The George W. Wilson & Teresa Madelyn (Merriam) Wilson Foundation was created in 2004 to enhance the lives of people living in communities across Atlantic Canada. The Foundation invests in effective organizations and groups striving to build sustainable capacity in their communities.
To receive a grant for your project you need to be a registered charity. Each considered donation must be for the benefit of an organization in Atlantic Canada and must be for the purpose of community improvement. The Foundation invests in capital campaigns that result in permanent community assets. Requests for loans, debt retirement, or operational deficits are not considered.
Representatives from George & Madelyn Wilson’s four children are on the Wilson Foundation Board.
● Donations will only be made to Registered Charities
● Donation requests should be between $5,000.00 & $50,00.00
● Considered donations must be for the benefit of an organization in Atlantic Canada
● Considered donations must be for the purpose of community improvement
● Detailed description of your project
● Project Budget
● Specific Request to The Foundation
● Organization’s current operating budget
● Organization’s financial statements for the last three years